Friday 6 March 2015

Rimmel Lasting Finish Powder Foundation

Hello Everybody - it's been a long while! I have all the usual excuses - work, life, generally being the most un-organised mess in the world - but I've probably said them all before so I won't go into all that now. Anyway I just felt like I needed to sit and write this post about my current favourite product - Rimmel Lasting Finish Powder Foundation which is available from Boots for £6.99.

Bad lighting and camera - sorry!
Now for most people I don't think they'll see this or like this as a foundation as such, it is more of a powder I feel a lot of people will prefer to use alongside the Rimmel Lasting Finish Foundation however I don't tend to use foundation that often so for me this product is great alternative. It works as a great as a base whereby I can quickly apply with my Real Techniques Powder Brush in the morning, put on my concealer and blusher and I'm good to go. 

The product is very buildable - you can for instance just do the one layer of powder for just a subtle fix of colour or build it up gradually depending on the look that you are going for on that particular day. I have been using this on a daily basis mainly because it is so quick and easy but also I tend to feel conscious of wearing liquid foundation in the day but where this a powder I don't have the same issues with it. Plus the shade 002 Soft Beige is actually a pretty good match for my skin. 



Now there are a lot of mixed reviews on this product with the majority saying it's just a powder and not a foundation which is fair enough, everyone has different opinions on what works for them. I do really like this product and would go as far as saying this is my favourite Rimmel product yet but I would recommend using a primer with this just to prep your face for a smoother finish.

So if you've tried it then let me know or if you've tried any other powder foundations then also let me know and I am going to going to hopefully do a few more posts this month and get back into writing.

Clo
x

No comments:

Post a Comment